Questhub Stencil - 2013-07-17
10,000 - 2012-09-12
We've hit a bit of milestone: 10,000 readable changelogs!
We're still about 1.5% shy of 40% compliance (out of slightly over 26,000 releases). We have a ways to go yet, but we've seen a steady increase over the first year-and-a-half of this project's existence.
Feed improvements - 2011-11-10
A couple of updates to the recent releases feed have gone live:
- Show a unified diff when there is an error parsing the changelog
- Display the abstract for each release (also shown on distribution and release pages)
MetaCPAN Highlighting - 2011-10-28
Status - 2011-08-04
Progress towards parsable changelogs continues at a slow, but steady pace. We've recently hit the 37% mark, and we're only about 175 releases short of moving up another percent.
A few minor changes have happened to the site:
- Use version.pm to compare release version against the latest changelog version
- Added basic stats to the HOF page (FYI: almost 1/4 of all CPAN authors are fully compliant)
- A few cross-browser issued were fixed (thanks again, hobbestigrou)
- Added links to metacpan.org where needed
April Updates - 2011-04-28
Since the last update, there have been 8 releases of CPAN::Changes. A few of those releases included modifications to the way we parse dates. We are now more liberal in what we accept, and the conformance rate has jumped a few more percentage points as a result.
As for updates to the site:
- We've removed the "beta" tag from the site.
- An online validator is now available. It also includes links to some other tools for working with changelogs.
- Every release now has its own page where you can see the differences between the original changelog and our reformatted version.
- The Atom feeds were fixed up.
- Pagination was added to the author and distribution listings.
- Some minor visual updates were done.
- Author names are now displayed.
- We've added a very basic JSON endpoint for distributions (example).
Parser updates - 2011-03-29
You may have noticed a sharp increase in conformance (from 10% to about 30%). This is because the site has been upgraded to use CPAN::Changes 0.09, which includes more lenient date parsing code. Although timestamps (a la
scalar localtime) are parsed, everyone is encouraged to use W3CDTF dates and the existing tools will continue to only spit out dates in that format.
Feeds and other updates - 2011-03-22
A number of site improvements have landed (thanks in part to hobbestigrou!). This includes basic search functionality and iprovements to the dist and author listsings. Furthermore, we now have atom feeds for recent distributions, plus feeds for any given distribution or author.
The next task will be to lay the framework for updating the content on this site at regular and more frequent intervals.
Site Launched - 2011-03-15
Everything is still very much in beta mode, but the site is live and working!